Training the glutes properly is an art, we break down the steps you need to take to do it properly.
When it comes to not being able to build a bum most women will blame bad genetics.
These two simple steps will have you looking incredible in no time
1. Exercise Selection
The muscles in the glutes cause hip abduction and extension therefore it’s important to pick exercises that utilise these movements.
When building a programme to build strong glutes you need to make sure you pick an exercise from each movement pattern and lift between 8-15 reps for 4 sets with perfect form.
A: Bridge- Barbell glute bridges
B: Knee Dominant movement- Barbell squats, lunges or split squats
C: Hip Hinge- Barbell Deadlift or Romanian Deadlift
2. The Correct Nutrition
Even with the perfect training programme if your nutrition isn’t on point you will not maximize progress. There are two main things to focus on.
– Adequate protein intake- To build muscle or maintain muscle while dieting it’s vital you eat enough protein. 2-2.2g per kilo of bodyweight per day is the goal. Spread this across 4-6 meals. This includes protein shakes.
– Eating enough calories- A lot of women will be eating way too little calories and are in a constant calorie deficit. You will never build a bum this way. A good goal number of calories would be 29 times your bodyweight in kg. e.g. 60kg x 29 = 1740 calories. This would put you at maintenance. If you are putting on weight too quickly reduce your calories by 200 from Carbohydrates.
To Build a bum you need to.
1. Make sure you bridge, hip hinge and squat/lunge.
2. Lift 4 sets of 8-15 reps for each exercise
3. Eat 2.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight
4. Start at maintenance calories 29 x bodyweight in kg.
5. Enjoy the sexy new you 😉